Library Screen Help
Library Overview [screenshot]
Open LORE reading software provides a complete and customizable LIBRARY to add, sort, and preview all your books.
- Each book, when selected, can be previewed. The cover and book description are displayed and the description can be played back.
- Predefined system collections show all the books in your library, Help and How-to books, favorites, and study guides. Study Guides are a Learning Center only feature.
- Custom collections can be added to further sort your books into meaningful categories for Readers. Books can be added to one or more custom collections.
- When a system or custom collection is selected, only the books in that collection are shown in the list.
Add, Read, and Delete Books [screenshot]
- Click or tapto add a book on your computer to the Library.
NOTE: Open LORE reading software supports DRM-free ePUB and DAISY (.opf, .zip) format books.
- Click or tap a book TITLE to select it.
- Double-click or double-tap a book to read it; Click or tapto read a selected book.
- Click or tapto delete a selected book.
NOTE 1: Deleting a book from a custom collection will NOT remove it from the Library.
NOTE 2: Deleting a book while in the All Books collection WILL remove it from the Library.
NOTE 3: Deleting a book while in the Favorites collection will make the book not a favorite.
NOTE 4: Help Books are system books and cannot be deleted.
- To add a book to a custom collection, drag it from the list and drop it in the desired custom collection.
Sort and Preview Books [screenshot]
- Click or tap the list column headings to sort by that column's contents.
- Click or tapto make a book a favorite.
- Click or tap a book in the list to view its cover and description. The description can be played back.
System Collections [screenshot]
- Click or tapto view all your books.
- Click or tapto view only the HELP books.
- Click or tapto view only your FAVORITE books.
- Click or tapto view only your STUDY GUIDES (Study Guides are a Learning Center only feature).
Custom Collections [screenshot]
- Click or tapto add a custom collection.
- Click or tapto select a custom collection.
- Select a collection, then click or tapto edit its name.
- Select a collection, then click or tapto delete a collection.
NOTE: Books in a custom collection are NOT removed from the Library when the custom collection is deleted.
- Click or tapto adjust volume. [screenshot]